First and most importantly, a big THANK YOU to Unchained55 for this award. I am totally shocked. This is my very first blog, and the first time I’ve heard of such an award. So far, this blogging adventure has been great, and I absolutely see the appeal that long-time bloggers have for this venture.
These are the rules for the Liebster Award:
- Insert the Liebster award logo in your post
- Thank and link those who nominated you
- Reveal 11 interesting facts about yourself
- Answer the questions designated by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate up to 11 other new bloggers with less than 100 followers
- Ask 11 questions of your own to your nominees that they have to answer
- Notify your nominees about The Liebster Award
- Include instructions of the process in your post
A few things about me?
- This is slightly embarrassing, but my all-time favorite junk food is hamburgers. So much in fact, that when I was a child, several people in my family used to call my Wimpy. They would walk by me and say, “I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today!”
- I am a movie fanatic. This has been one of the main reasons I haven’t been able to cut my Netflix subscription (I haven’t had cable for years). Limit my access to movies? The horror!
- I love to see live plays, ballets and the opera. I share a membership with my parents to many of the local stage houses to support amateur actors (some of them are really good). If I had unlimited amounts of money, I would probably see a live performance every weekend during the season.
- My idea of a great day is sleeping in, going for a long hike and curling up with a book and a cat.
- I was born on the east coast and when I moved to the Midwest as a child, I was teased about my accent relentlessly. So, I promptly worked on losing it and now there isn’t a trace to be found.
- I have a degree in Anthropology and went on many archaeological digs around my state during my college years.
- I love archaeology and anthropology. One of the best trips I’ve ever taken was to visit the Mayan ruins.
- I really love spectating live sports, but despise watching them on television.
- I am a terrible cook. Okay, a bit dramatic, but, it’s probably best if someone else prepares the food!
- Despite what I said in #9, I really enjoy grocery shopping. I find it therapeutic.
- I was considering becoming an entomologist in college after taking some really interesting zoology courses in college.
To answer some questions from Unchained55:
- When did you start blogging? My first post was published on September 5, 2015.
- Why did you start blogging? I have so many goals in my head, but was never able to get them into fruition. I felt that if I was open and honest on a public forum, that may help my cause. Plus, I enjoy writing.
- What’s your guilty splurge? I have a few; hamburgers, chocolate, Netflix binges and sleep!
- What’s the biggest savings you found this month? My 12 month internet promo ended at the end of August and I just renegotiated to an even lower monthly bill than what I was paying during the promotional period!
- What would you say to readers trying to get out of debt? It is a tough road, but remember two things; you’re not alone in your struggles and perseverance does pay off.
- How much money do you think you need to make a year to life comfortably? What is your present income compared to this magic figure (i.e. less, more, on par?) I can be comfortable on my current salary (though more would be great). I have to learn to manage the money I have which is plenty.
- When do you hope to retire? I would love to retire from the traditional “9-5” in the next 10-15 years, but I will always have hobbies to keep me busy.
- Where do you hope to retire and why? I love my Midwestern state to be honest. It’s relatively cheap, my family is here and there is a ton to do. It is a truly beautiful location. Also, I can get to other states/locations within a few hours drive.
- You just won the lottery. How much would it have to be for you to quit working? Hmm, I’m not entirely sure. It would definitely have to be invested in such a manner so that I could live off of the dividends as long as possible. Maybe another PF blogger has some suggestions as to what that number would be?
- You just won a vehicle of your choice, fully paid (but you’ll have to cover all other expenses going forward). Which would you pick and why? I’m totally not into cars. Knowing me, I would want some high-end car (Mercedes, Audi, etc.) so I could immediately sell it, buy a much less expensive car and invest the profits.
- You just won your dream home on your dream plot of land. What’s in this dream home of yours? Small square footage (I hate big spaces), a fireplace, lots of books, lots of windows and my cats of course.
Stayed tuned for my nominations for the Liebster Award.